She weighed in at 940 grams when i left which was spot on for the day. Walked into the field and un-clipped her and away we went, Initially she just stayed on my fist but after a while flew up into a tree. We started walking the field only to find a Red Tail hunting the field, everything started to go to pot in that zoie wouldn't follow or was very hesitant and it took a while, almost to the point i thought shit we wont get her back do i through the lure out now...
We came to a railway embankment and i flushed the bottom of a small gully whilst Steve flushed the top. This is where a rabbit bottled up the embankment with zoie on its tail. The rabbit headed into dense brush and no matter what Steve and i did was not going to reflush.
At his point i get caught short, nerves and cold ( as was a little nippy) and half a bottle of Dr Pepper, But just as I'm taking quick leak zoie spots a Squirrel and decided to chase it ( Moral to story go before you hunt !)
We made in trade of was a bit messy but that was down to me , so first kill and we all came home safely.









6 comments:
That was fun!
I'm glad she caught that because I was fast getting to the point where only gravity was gonna get me back down that trestle.
Good job and congratulations, falconer.
It was pretty exhilerating, was glad to sit down at the end of it.
Once again thankyou so much for taking me on this journey, couldnt have and wouldnt have done it without you !
I was impressed with some of the photos that Steve took!
Congratulations. I love squirrel hunting.
It was a lot of fun Doug !
Post a Comment